Tuesday, October 14, 2014

You Gotta See What's On My Needles!

I recently taught a class on Fair Isle knitting for members and others of the North Georgia Knitting Guild.  The class project was designed by Patti Henry and used with her permission. It is a free pattern on Ravelry called the Dots and Stripes Purse. Several participants are on their way to finishing this lovely bag.  Here is a finished purse by Amy:

 
I think a majority of the students used yarn from their stash leftover from other projects.
The Fair Isle technique along with using leftover stash yarn gave me the idea for the project that is currently on my needles.  I purchased a new denim jacket.  I removed the sleeves and I am using the sleeves as a pattern for the knitted sleeves that will take the place of the denim sleeves. 

 
I am working the sleeves two at a time on two circular needles to be sure that my sleeves will be identical.  I had a large stash of Knit Picks Palette yarn in so many different colors.  The motifs are totally random.  Some from a book, some made up. Most likely the sleeves will be sewn in by machine after careful basting.  Stay tuned to see the finished project. If you are not up for a sleeve project, why not add a simple square pocket to your jacket using fair isle or even your favorite stitch pattern.  Let me see what you come up with!!! What are your ideas?
 


1 comment: